If you are hurt on the job you’re entitled to three types of Missouri Workers’ Compensation benefits from your employer:
1. Payment for all of your medical expenses.
2. Temporary total disability payments, which equal two thirds of your average weekly wage up to statutory maximums.
3. Compensation for any permanent injury whether it’s partial or totally disabling.
Temporary Total Disability
Temporary Total Disability benefits are what you are entitled to when you’re off work due to your work place injury. Your Total Temporary Disability payments, or TTD, are based upon your average weekly rate of pay during the last few months prior to your injury subject to statutory maximums. Once you reach Maximum Medical Improvement or MMI, you are not entitled to receive weekly benefits unless you are permanently and totally disabled (PTD) from the workforce.
Permanent Partial and Permanent Total Disability
Once you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement, you may be entitled to money for the extent of your injury should it be considered permanent. Missouri uses a chart found here. The doctor the employer hired to treat you and maybe additional doctors will assess your injuries and what level of problem or disability they believe you experience. This is called a rating. Usually these company doctors are very conservative in their ratings. Work comp for many doctors is a volume business and giving a consistently low rating ensures that the insurance companies continue to hire them. You need someone on your side before you get to the point of Maximum Medical Improvement.
If you are unable to return to any work you may have a permanent total claim against your employer or possibly the Missouri Second Injury Fund. You may be entitled to payments for the rest of your life.
Call Missouri Workers Compensation Lawyers The Krebs Law Firm LLC at 417 883-5886 today for a free consultation regarding your workplace injury.
That’s why I created a service I’m calling My 5 Point “Accept No Limits” Consultation – it has a real retail value of $299, but because I want to help as many people as I can get the answers they need during times of extreme hardship and difficulty, I’m making a limited number of these available at absolutely no charge. All you need to do is call my office at (417) 883-5886 or Toll Free 1800 345-0535 reserve your spot.
Here are the different elements of what you’ll experience during this in-depth consultation:
- A Real, Live Face-to-Face Meeting. We’ll meet face-to-face to discuss the specific details of your accident and what happened. You won’t be filling out a web-based data entry form, sending an email, sitting on hold waiting for a real human to answer – you and I will sit down in a room and talk things through. We’ll get to know each other the old-fashioned way – where we can share and learn from each other.
- A Comprehensive Situational Assessment. I’ll let you tell your story in your own words – you talk, I listen. As appropriate, I’ll ask questions to help you recall ALL the details – to make sure we both end up with an identical picture of exactly what happened that put you in this situation.
- A Preliminary Documentation Review. I’ll conduct a preliminary review of any supporting documentation you have that’s relevant to the accident and situation.
- An Honest and Open Q&A Session. I’ll answer any questions that you may have. I’ll be open, honest, and do everything I can to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
- Your Customized “Next Steps to Fairness” Proposal. Finally, after going over your situation, I’ll lay out in clear, easy-to-understand language, what I see as the strengths and weaknesses of your case. In addition, you’ll walk away with specific suggestions on what I see as your best course of action moving forward.
GUARANTEE: While I can’t guarantee ultimate results, I will guarantee our conversation will provide clear, actionable information that you can use to move forward with confidence knowing you’ve received timely and prudent advice.
If you would like more information about the Missouri Work Comp process, please request my FREE ebook report Understanding Your Missouri Workers Compensation Case.
(Don’t worry I won’t sell or give your email to anyone)
More helpful legal information related to Workers’ Compensation:
- Why you need a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Medical Care and Workers’ Compensation
- Tapping into Missouri’s Second Injury Fund
- Other benefits beyond Workers’ Compensation
- Tips for a successful Workers’ Compensation claim
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Fees
Free Initial Consultation with a Work Comp Attorney
Day, Evening, Weekend and Hospital Appointments Available
Call today (417) 883-5886