6 Common Missouri workers compensation injuries by a Springfield Attorney Workman Comp
There are many types of workplace accidents that cause Missouri work comp injuries. Here a few of the more common ones. This list is by no means all types of accidents:
- Overexertion. This is one of the most common injury workers suffer. It is caused when employees pull, push, lift, carry, or toss objects and can result in serious back and shoulder injuries as well as sprained and torn muscles, tendons and ligaments. These type of work injuries are common in Southwest Missouri with people working in warehouses, nurses and CNA’s
- Slip and falls. When debris, oil, spilled food and drink or flooring is not maintained, workers can slip and fall when doing their jobs. This can lead to serious head injuries, bone fractures, spinal cord damage, and sprained or torn ligaments.
- Falls from heights. Workers can fall from roofs, off equipment, scaffolding, ladders, and down stairs, with tragic life-altering injuries or deaths.
- Falling objects. When objects fall from shelves or pallets, forklifts, ladders, and upper-level work areas, employees can experience brain damage, fractures, neck injuries, and back injuries.
- Vehicle accidents. Car and semi truck crashes can happen when workers are driving company vehicles. Also accidents involving tractors, forklifts, and heavy equipment .
- Machinery accidents. These accidents occur in factories, warehouses, and construction sites. They can suffer crush injuries, amputations, cuts, or death.
You also must report your injury within 30 days in order to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However every day that you wait will be used by the employer’s insurance company to try to claim this was not a work related injury.
Many of the issues involved as Missouri workers compensation cases often are very complex and can be very technical in nature.
That’s why I created a service I’m calling My 5 Point “Accept No Limits” Consultation – it has a real retail value of $299, but because I want to help as many people as I can get the answers they need during times of extreme hardship and difficulty, I’m making a limited number of these available at absolutely no charge. All you need to do is call my office at (417) 883-5886 or Toll Free 1(800) 345-0535 reserve your spot.
Here are the different elements of what you’ll experience during this in-depth consultation:
- A Real, Live Face-to-Face Meeting. We’ll meet face-to-face to discuss the specific details of your accident and what happened. You won’t be filling out a web-based data entry form, sending an email, sitting on hold waiting for a real human to answer – you and I will sit down in a room and talk things through. We’ll get to know each other the old-fashioned way – where we can share and learn from each other.
- A Comprehensive Situational Assessment. I’ll let you tell your story in your own words – you talk, I listen. As appropriate, I’ll ask questions to help you recall ALL the details – to make sure we both end up with an identical picture of exactly what happened that put you in this situation.
- A Preliminary Documentation Review. I’ll conduct a preliminary review of any supporting documentation you have that’s relevant to the accident and situation.
- An Honest and Open Q&A Session. I’ll answer any questions that you may have. I’ll be open, honest, and do everything I can to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
- Your Customized “Next Steps to Fairness” Proposal. Finally, after going over your situation, I’ll lay out in clear, easy-to-understand language, what I see as the strengths and weaknesses of your case. In addition, you’ll walk away with specific suggestions on what I see as your best course of action moving forward.
GUARANTEE: While I can’t guarantee ultimate results, I will guarantee our conversation will provide clear, actionable information that you can use to move forward with confidence knowing you’ve received timely and prudent advice.
Is it really worth it to hire a lawyer though? A prominent legal newspaper called Missouri Lawyers Weekly stated that since the 2005 work comp reforms had gone into effect, injured workers that were represented by lawyers received on average of 49% more than unrepresented workers who handle the case themselves.
So most of the time, even after paying their lawyers the injured worker will come out substantially ahead than “going it alone”.
If you would like more information about the Missouri Work Comp process, please request my FREE ebook report Understanding Your Missouri Workers Compensation Case.
(Don’t worry I won’t sell or give your email to anyone)
If you or a family member was injured at work or in an on the job accident, The Krebs Law Firm LLC offers a free case evaluation if you have questions.
Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a work comp attorney when they were injured at work but we only handle Missouri Work Comp, on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the benefits that you deserve.
If you would like to speak to me simply call (417) 883-5886 or Toll Free 1 (800) 345-0535 for your free case evaluation and consultation today.
Our office is located at 2838 S. Ingram Mill, Springfield Missouri but if location is a concern for you, I personally handle Workers Comp cases all across Missouri.