With or without a helmet, riding a motorcycle can be dangerous. Unlike a car, with a motorcycle there is no frame to protect you and no seatbelt to keep you from being thrown. It seems that almost any motorcycle accident would be a serious accident. In 2009, Missouri’s motorcycle helmet law may be changed to require a rider to wear a helmet only on interstate highways and at all times for those under the age of 21. Helmet laws change from state to state so be aware of what laws are in place if you ride your motorcycle across state lines. Head and neck Injuries from motorcycle accidents are very common and if you don’t follow state helmet laws it can hurt your chance of recovering compensation.
Similar to car accidents, to help prove the fault or negligence of those involved, it is necessary to have a motorcycle accident lawyer represent you if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. It is possible for both parties in an accident to be partially to blame, so don’t let that discourage you from hiring a lawyer and protecting your right for compensation for your injuries and to recover expenses related to your injuries as well as the repair of your motorcycle.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
Call Police and File a Report
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, even if no one was injured, call the police immediately and file an accident report. Insurance companies will use an accident report to determine fault and how they will compensate those involved. Interviews with all involved in the motorcycle accident should be included in the report, from those actually involved in the accident to any witnesses. You should also collect the names and phone numbers of these people for your own use. Although the police may take photographs or draw diagrams, you should take your own photos of your motorcycle and any other vehicles involved in the accident if possible.
Seek Medical Attention for Your Injuries
Most importantly, regardless of fault, motorcycle accident victims should not treat their injuries casually. Often injuries may not be apparent immediately, but the thrashing and jerking from a motorcycle crash can lead to stiffening and joint pain later. Common injuries from a motorcycle accident include serious cuts and bruises, head and neck injuries, brain damage, full to partial paralysis, and joint, bone, and muscle injuries. Accident victims should seek medical attention as soon as possible if they believe they are injured. Don’t wait until later when you have caused greater problems for yourself. Take photos of your injuries and keep the clothes you were wearing in the accident if possible. They may be useful in your case.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were injured and require medical attention, you should consider contacting motorcycle accident wrongful death lawyers to prevent the insurance companies from taking advantage of you and not covering all the expenses they should. Motorcycle accident claims for damages resulting from injuries usually depend on medical records linking the accident to the injuries received. The more time elapses between the auto accident and the treatment, the more difficult it is to prove a connection.
Please call us today for a free initial consultation about your motorcycle accident case with no obligation to hire us as your attorney and no fee collected unless we win compensation for you.
To learn more about protecting your rights get a copy of my FREE book.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
That’s why I created a service I’m calling My 5 Point “Accept No Limits” Consultation – it has a real retail value of $299, but because I want to help as many people as I can get the answers they need during times of extreme hardship and difficulty, I’m making a limited number of these available at absolutely no charge. All you need to do is call my office at (417) 883-5886 or Toll Free 1800 345-0535 reserve your spot.
Here are the different elements of what you’ll experience during this in-depth consultation:
- A Real, Live Face-to-Face Meeting. We’ll meet face-to-face to discuss the specific details of your accident and what happened. You won’t be filling out a web-based data entry form, sending an email, sitting on hold waiting for a real human to answer – you and I will sit down in a room and talk things through. We’ll get to know each other the old-fashioned way – where we can share and learn from each other.
- A Comprehensive Situational Assessment. I’ll let you tell your story in your own words – you talk, I listen. As appropriate, I’ll ask questions to help you recall ALL the details – to make sure we both end up with an identical picture of exactly what happened that put you in this situation.
- A Preliminary Documentation Review. I’ll conduct a preliminary review of any supporting documentation you have that’s relevant to the accident and situation – this includes photographs, accident reports, police investigation notes, citations, and any witness statements. In addition, I’ll review information about your accident and injury, which could include repair bills, doctor’s notes, emergency room notes, photographs, X-Ray results and MRI results. In addition, I’ll check to see how your automobile insurance and health insurance factors into your current and potential future situation.
- An Honest and Open Q&A Session. I’ll answer any questions that you may have – such as how medical treatments will get paid for, how long the overall process will take, potential awards from the Insurance company, costs of litigation, and more. I’ll be open, honest, and do everything I can to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
- Your Customized “Next Steps to Fairness” Proposal. Finally, after going over your situation, I’ll lay out in clear, easy-to-understand language, what I see as the strengths and weaknesses of your case. In addition, you’ll walk away with specific suggestions on what I see as your best course of action moving forward.
GUARANTEE: While I can’t guarantee ultimate results, I will guarantee our conversation will provide clear, actionable information that you can use to move forward with confidence knowing you’ve received timely and prudent advice.
More information to help you if you have been in a motorcycle accident:
Free Initial Consultation with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Day, Evening, Weekend and Hospital Appointments Available
Call today (417) 883-5886