Don’t settle your Arkansas Accident claim right after it happens. Here’s why, I recently met with a potential client recently. He had been hit by a negligent driver a few weeks ago. He still has ongoing neck pain and need steroid injections and may need a surgery.
What’s interesting is the approach the insurance adjuster took with the case.
Within days of the accident and after the guy who was hit told the adjuster that he was on narcotic pain medication, the negligent drivers insurance company mailed him an offer to settle his injury claim for $2,500.00. This was followed up by a cheerful adjuster calling the prospective client making sure the offer was received and wanting to make sure the injured person was taken care of.
“Taken care of” indeed.
Having read my free accident book, he declined.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
Here are the reasons that you never want to settle your accident case within days of an accident:
Once you settled your case your claim is over. No going back if you need months of medical care, physical therapy and a surgery.
There is no way for you to accurately value your case in such a short time frame. The adjuster knows this and will NEVER tell you that out of the settlement you may need to repay your own health insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. Thus, if the medical bills mount after “settling” your case, you may end up with nothing.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a Harrison Arkansas car accident or anywhere in Northwest Arkansas and the accident was not your fault, you may have a right to recover compensation for injury including pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages due to missed work and your medical bills. Victims of personal injury and the surviving family of wrongful death victims often have a difficult time choosing an attorney. Many personal injury firms handle a large volume of cases, treating clients as just one of many at The Krebs Law Firm L.L.C., I take a personal approach with our clients.
Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for an Arkansas personal injury attorney when they were injured but we only handle accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the compensation that you deserve. If you would like to speak to me or my staff simply call (417) 883-5886 for your free case evaluation today.
Also, if you are wondering if location is an issue, I personally handle cases throughout Arkansas.
Please note our new Arkansas office location (by appointment only)
609 SW 8th Street, Suite 600
Bentonville, Arkansas 72712
(across from Walmart headquarters)