How do I document my injuries after a Springfield Missouri Car Accident. Find Personal Injury Lawyer.
First you should focus on your physical health after a car accident.
Second, don’t give a statement to the insurance company.
How do I document my injuries after a Springfield Missouri Car Accident? Immediately, you should begin the process of documenting your injury. Here are a few tips to keep track of your medical data in preparation for a personal injury claim.
Take pictures of any cuts or bruises immediately and continue to do so while they heal. Keep these in a safe place and not just on your phone.
Visit a doctor as soon as you can as any delay in making a doctor visit after an accident will be used against you by the insurance company to devalue or outright deny your claim. You want to speak with your doctor openly, and inform them of any pains, bruises, or bumps that have occurred after your accident.
Saying “I hurt” doesn’t really give a full picture of what is going on. Talk to your doctor about your how this affects your life.
For example, if you experience pain and discomfort while completing your daily household activities, let your doctor know and describe how you are “accommodating” your problems.
Also after your initial visit, keep all follow up appointments. This is vitally important! Nothing says “I’m not hurt” to an insurance company adjuster than not going back to the doctor for extended periods of time.
If your doctor recommends physical therapy to recover from your injuries, then attend every appointment and give your best efforts and fully complete the treatment.
Throughout your treatment, be sure to save copies of all receipts, out of pocket expenses, any records you receive and keep them in a safe place. You can present these records to your attorney, or you can use them if you are settling your own case. If you claim goes to trial, having good documentation will really help your case. Test results, X rays, and MRI’s are very powerful pieces of evidence for juries. If you present these types of medical evidence at trial, it will be very helpful for your case.
If you want more information about what you should do after a car accident and
learn more about common missteps (and how to avoid them) in my free book before you speak with another lawyer or anyone from the other drivers insurance company.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
Clearly, situations where a victim would benefit from legal representation for a car accident claim far outnumber situations in which having an attorney is unnecessary. Fortunately, we are here to provide you with the assistance you need after a crash. When you are ready to take the next steps, contact me at 417 883-5886 or Toll Free a 1800 345-0535 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
That’s why I created a service I’m calling My 5 Point “Accept No Limits” Consultation – it has a real retail value of $299, but because I want to help as many people as I can get the answers they need during times of extreme hardship and difficulty, I’m making a limited number of these available at absolutely no charge. All you need to do is call my office at (417) 883-5886 or Toll Free 1(800) 345-0535 reserve your spot. We are located at 2838 S. Ingram Mill Road Springfield Missouri but handle cases all over Missouri and Arkansas.
Here are the different elements of what you’ll experience during this in-depth consultation:
- A Real, Live Face-to-Face Meeting. We’ll meet face-to-face to discuss the specific details of your accident and what happened. You won’t be filling out a web-based data entry form, sending an email, sitting on hold waiting for a real human to answer – you and I will sit down in a room and talk things through. We’ll get to know each other the old-fashioned way – where we can share and learn from each other.
- A Comprehensive Situational Assessment. I’ll let you tell your story in your own words – you talk, I listen. As appropriate, I’ll ask questions to help you recall ALL the details – to make sure we both end up with an identical picture of exactly what happened that put you in this situation.
- A Preliminary Documentation Review. I’ll conduct a preliminary review of any supporting documentation you have that’s relevant to the accident and situation – this includes photographs, accident reports, police investigation notes, citations, and any witness statements. In addition, I’ll review information about your accident and injury, which could include repair bills, doctor’s notes, emergency room notes, photographs, X-Ray results and MRI results. In addition, I’ll check to see how your automobile insurance and health insurance factors into your current and potential future situation.
- An Honest and Open Q&A Session. I’ll answer any questions that you may have – such as how medical treatments will get paid for, how long the overall process will take, potential awards from the Insurance company, costs of litigation, and more. I’ll be open, honest, and do everything I can to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
- Your Customized “Next Steps to Fairness” Proposal. Finally, after going over your situation, I’ll lay out in clear, easy-to-understand language, what I see as the strengths and weaknesses of your case. In addition, you’ll walk away with specific suggestions on what I see as your best course of action moving forward.
GUARANTEE: While I can’t guarantee ultimate results, I will guarantee our conversation will provide clear, actionable information that you can use to move forward with confidence knowing you’ve received timely and prudent advice.