How to settle a Missouri motorcycle accident case? You may be asking yourself, should I accept the offer an insurance company adjuster made me to settle my accident or talk to a lawyer? Here something to think about.
I recently settled a motorcycle accident case that fortunately was relatively minor as far as motorcycle accidents go. My client was uninsured. The client came to me with an offer in hand from the nice adjuster who wanted to “make things right”. The nice insurance adjuster failed to tell the client that the hospital where she was treated had filed a lien with the insurance company for about $200 less than the amount the were being offered.
Ultimately, I was able to negotiate a good settlement in which the client’s outstanding medical bills were paid and significant money went into her pocket for he injuries due to the negligence of the driver the insurance company represented.
If my client had accepted the insurance company’s generous offer to “make things right” right out of the gate, she would have received $200 after the hospital lien was paid directly by the insurance company to the hospital.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a Missouri motorcycle accident with and the accident was not your fault, you may have a right to recover compensation for injury including pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages due to missed work and your medical bills. Victims of personal injury and the surviving family of wrongful death victims often have a difficult time choosing an attorney. Many personal injury firms handle a large volume of cases, treating clients as just one of many at The Krebs Law Firm L.L.C., I take a personal approach with our clients.
Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a personal injury attorney when they were injured but we only handle motorcycle accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the compensation that you deserve. If you would like to speak to me or my staff simply call (417) 883-5886 for your free case evaluation today.
Also, if you are wondering if location is an issue, I personally handle injury cases throughout all of Missouri.