Here is a list of information you should get in the event you are involved in a Missouri Automobile Accident. Keep the information in a safe place and make an extra copy.
MISSOURI AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CHECKLIST
• Name and address of the other driver(s)and their passengers
• License plate number
• Make, model and year of car
• Driver’s license number
• Make note if it appears the driver had been drinking, impaired physically or mentally in some way. (you can use your camera phone for this) Make note if they appeared to on the phone or texting.
• Write down everything the other driver said and take photographs. You cannot take too many pictures. Every angle. Every bruise.
• Try to find people in the area who may have been a witness and write down their name and phone number. Make sure the police are called to the scene to conduct an investigation and prepare an accident report
• Get the names and business numbers of all emergency service personnel (police, fire, ambulance)
• Report all injuries to the police and if they are called, the paramedics.
• Even if you do not require emergency transport to the hospital, report the accident and any problems that you are experiencing to your doctor. Follow his or her advice. Keep your appointments.
• Keep a list of all symptoms and problems, (pain, stiffness, numbness, tingling, headaches, cuts, bruises) as they develop. Provide this information to your physician
• Keep a list of physicians and other health care providers, together with contact information (addresses, telephone numbers), the dates of each appointment and any tests, x-rays, treatments or medications ordered
• Keep a list of each day that you are unable to work because of your injuries and all time that you miss from work because of doctor and therapy appointments
• Keep a list of all expenses, such as vehicle repairs, rental car, costs of medications (both prescription and over the counter) and make a list of any personal property damaged in the accident (clothing, glasses, jewelry, tools, sporting goods, etc.)
If you or someone you love have been injured in a Springfield Missouri car accident with and the accident was not your fault, you may have a right to recover compensation for injury including pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages due to missed work and your medical bills. Victims of personal injury and the surviving family of wrongful death victims often have a difficult time choosing an attorney. Many personal injury firms handle a large volume of cases, treating clients as just one of many at The Krebs Law Firm L.L.C., we take a personal approach with our clients. Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a personal injury attorney when they were injured but we only handle accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the benefits that you deserve. If you would like to speak to Jason Krebs and his staff simply call (417) 883-5886 for your free case evaluation today.