Never let your doctor do this after a Missouri car accident or any accident be it a Missouri Motorcycle, bicycle or boat accident.
People are often confused about which insurance to use after a car accident. Here’ s the list in priority order.
1. Your own health insurance if the health care provider is “in network” according to your plan
2. Your auto insurance “medical payment” coverage.
3. The auto insurance company for that “at fault” individual or “just bill the other driver” (assuming that you weren’t “at fault” in the accident.)
Never let your doctor try to bill your car insurance,the other driver’s insurance or “hold” the bill until the end of your case. Unfortunately I routinely see some health care providers constantly try this. They will claim it will “save you money”. Wrong. It will do the exact opposite and take money directly out of your pocket. It will make them more money, not you.
Another tip. Get it in writing that the health care provider actually accepts your insurance and that you are “in network”.
You need to be aware that it is a violation of the health insurance contract for an in-network health care provider to insist that you pay cash, use your “medpay” or “just bill the other driver” in lieu of putting the claims through your own health insurance plan first. Some will do this because it will mean more money for them because when you use your health insurance the medical providers have agreed to accept a reduced rate for your care. When you don’t use the health care insurance (Money that you,or your employer, already paid in premium) the doctor or chiropractor gets to charge you the “full price” as if you were uninsured .
The rule is NEVER give the other drivers insurance or your “medpay” information to a health care provider who is “in network” on your plan, even if the treatment is because of a car accident. If they insist, LEAVE! I cannot stress this enough.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Missouri car accident get my Free book before you speak with another lawyer or anyone from the other drivers insurance company.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
If you or a family member was injured by the negligence of another driver in Missouri or Arkansas, The Krebs Law Firm LLC offers a free case evaluation if you have questions about your car, bus, truck or bike accident. Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a personal injury attorney when they were injured by a distracted driver but we only handle accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the benefits that you deserve. If you would like to speak to Jason Krebs and his staff simply call (417) 883-5886 or Toll FREE (800) 345-0535 for your free case evaluation today.