If you’re in the process of searching for personal injury attorneys near me, do some research before you meet with anyone in person. You should get on his or her website, request their book or call their office and ask for information. Many good lawyers have free information, such as books and reports, about the types of cases they cover and services they provide.
All personal injury lawyers offer free preliminary consultations. You may feel pressured to sign a contract if you meet with a lawyer (or a paralegal) in person before reading through the information they provide. This means you may not get the information you need before signing.
Instead, you should do the initial research in the comfort of your own home without any pressure to hire an attorney immediately.
Ask the law office to send you anything they would like you to read on why you should hire them as your attorneys. Many lawyers are happy to help you educate yourself.
When you do feel ready to meet in person and ask questions about their experience, don’t be discouraged if you are unable to meet with the lawyer immediately. The best and most-experienced lawyers often have a lot of people asking to meet with them, and the lawyers may be selective and turn away more cases than they accept. This is a good thing – it means the lawyers are specialized in one or two areas and will treat the cases they do take with care.
Don’t be afraid to ask the attorneys plenty of questions. Good lawyers are happy to answer questions because it shows the client is at least somewhat educated about their case and is interested in finding a good lawyer.
When you meet with an attorney, you should ask the following questions:
- How many years have you been in practice?
- What experience do you have handling my type of case?
- What is the hardest part of my case?
- What is the process for handling my case?
- Who will work on my case?
- How will you keep me informed about my case?
- Have you published guides, articles, or books for consumers?
- Do you carry malpractice insurance?
- Can I take a copy of the written fee agreement home to study? (There is no standard fee agreement)
- If you need an injury attorney, ask if the lawyer has any experience on the other side representing insurance companies with a knowledge of how insurance companies review claims.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Missouri car accident get this Free book before you search for any personal injury attorneys near me or speak to anyone from the other driver’s insurance company.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
If you or a family member was injured by the negligence of another driver, The Krebs Law Firm LLC offers a free case evaluation if you have questions about your car, bus, truck or bike accident. Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a personal injury attorney when they were injured by a distracted driver but we only handle accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the benefits that you deserve. If you would like to speak to Jason Krebs and his staff simply call (800) 345-0535 for your free case evaluation today.