4 things that can ruin your Missouri car accident case
You might feel a lot of pressure to “be strong” when you’re recovering from a traumatic accident, for both yourself and others, but don’t let that get in the way of being honest about your symptoms. You shouldn’t minimize your injuries or stay silent about how you’re really feeling. The following are 4 things that can ruin your Missouri car accident case and actions that might adversely impact the compensation you deserve:
1. Not seeing a doctor. After the initial visit to the emergency room, you may want to just put the ordeal behind you and skip follow-up care. However, that increases your risk of complications, overlooked injuries and immediately hurts the value of your case.
2. Not reporting some symptoms. If you’ve broken your leg in an accident and had to have surgery, you may be hesitant to mention that you’re also having some headaches or dizziness. However, these symptoms can indicate bigger problems and shouldn’t be ignored, even if they don’t seem important in comparison. Also it is very difficult to be compensated for injuries you didn’t report to a doctor.
3. Not admitting to physical limitations. If you push yourself too hard or refuse to ask for help when you need it, you can seriously reinjure yourself and set back your recovery. It can also affect your ability to recover full compensation for your injuries, especially if you try to go back to work too soon or force your way through day-to-day activities.
4 Not following doctor’s orders. You need to talk with your doctor and follow her instructions. If you disagree or have concerns, take the time to talk to your doctor about it before you make your own medical treatment decisions or ignore recommendations.
If you aren’t honest about your pain and symptoms, then you can’t get the care you need or the compensation you deserve after a serious accident. Find out more about what you can do to protect yourself by talking directly with me today or requesting a copy of my free book.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover when you open the pages of this book:
- How to properly handle inquiries from the insurance company… it’s sad, but being a “nice guy” and answering “a few simple questions” can cost you dearly!
- Keys to determining just how much your case is worth – the many different factors that can literally mean thousands, if not tens, even hundreds, of thousands of dollars.
- 8 ways to make sure any lawyer you choose to represent you can make the most effective arguments on your behalf.
- DANGERS of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – the key mistakes you do NOT want to make on Social Media immediately after your accident and while your case is being settled.
- What to do if the insurance company offers to pay your medical bills… do NOT just jump at the chance, it could well be a big WARNING sign going off!
- 6 common mistakes you do NOT want to make that could negatively affect your case in a big way.
Many people may be worried that they do not have the money to pay for a personal injury attorney when they were injured but my office only handles accident cases on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no fee unless we are successful in getting you the compensation that you deserve. If you would like to speak to me or my staff simply call (417) 883-5886 for your free case evaluation today.
Also, if you are wondering if location is an issue, I personally handle injury cases throughout all of Missouri.